People who Tweet make up Twitter. When an issue trends in a community of interest there is no need for an organisational structure on Twitter (or other social networks) to support the communication. The community will determine if the story is 'first' to get its attention by using filters and lists or selecting who the members follow.
- Twitter doesn’t ‘do’ anything. We, the people, break the news.
- A panel tackles what women want from social media
- The social media election is so yesterday
- Traditional news and social media: the chocolate tea cup
- Life without a smart phone: feeling disconnected
- To share or not to share? That is the question
- How to write content which will get a reporter’s attention
- Where does social media management sit in a business? Everywhere.