- Twitter doesn’t ‘do’ anything. We, the people, break the news.
- A panel tackles what women want from social media
- The social media election is so yesterday
- Traditional news and social media: the chocolate tea cup
- Life without a smart phone: feeling disconnected
- To share or not to share? That is the question
- How to write content which will get a reporter’s attention
- Where does social media management sit in a business? Everywhere.
Learn more here and join John on Facebook too.
John Kerrison is one of the few practitioners with experience in traditional media who also has a passion for the future of news in social media.
John currently advises Transport for New South Wales in media, public relations and social media. His experience as a reporter for Sky News in Australia, Channel Nine and the ABC gives him unique skills in the issues rich transport sector.
For 11 years, John Kerrison was a television news reporter but he has now shifted his focus to the role social media is playing in news.
One of the more amazing experiences, he says, was being the nightly news presenter for regional New South Wales. From 2001 until 2005 John Kerrison was the presenter of Prime News in the central west. It was an important role for a passionate community that valued local news.
John Kerrison is a dynamic speaker on the future of news or the power of social media. As a Master of Ceremonies, he has that knack of being both engaging but also ensuring the event is well run and stays on track.
In 2009, John completed his Masters in Organisational Communication at Charles Sturt University in Bathurst. He was recently honoured with the role as Commencement Speaker for the new year of communication students.
John Kerrison is a guest panelist and host for the UK based Media140 events organisation. He spoke on social media and politics at the event hosted by The ABC at Ultimo in 2009.
John lives in Sydney’s inner west so you might spot him reading the papers at a cafe in Newtown.
His career history can be accessed at LinkedIn.